Berkey PF-2 elements
- PF-2 fluoride and arsenic reduction elements are designed for use in-line with Black Berkey water purification elements to adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water: Fluoride, (Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Fluorosilicate, Fluorosilicic Acid, and Hydrofluorosilic Acid) >99.75% reduction, Arsenic V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III, and other residual heavy metal ions
- Element lifespan: Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two PF-2 elements be replaced after 3,785 liters (1,000 gallons). If filtering 10 liters per day, this is about 1 year they will last. Make a note on your calendar when it’s time to replace them
- PF-2’s thread onto the ends of the Black Berkey elements (work inline), see 2nd photo above
- Number of PF-2s in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey Purification Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey Purification elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free
- PF-2 filter elements reduce your units flow rate by 15-20%.
- Storing your elements after usage: The Berkey PF-2™ elements can be stored in a refrigerator for up to one month. To do this, remove the filters from the system, place them into a sealable sandwich bag or container and place the filters in the refrigerator. If you do store them in a refrigerator, we recommend re-purging the Berkey PF-2™ post filter elements, for up to 1-minute each in both directions, before using them again. Do not freeze. The Berkey PF-2™ elements should not be allowed to air dry as this could allow some bacteria growth in the media to occur.