Berkey PF-2 elements
- PF-2 fluoride and arsenic reduction elements are designed for use in-line with Black Berkey water purification elements to adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water: Fluoride, (Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Fluorosilicate, Fluorosilicic Acid, and Hydrofluorosilic Acid) >99.75% reduction, Arsenic V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III, and other residual heavy metal ions.
- Element lifespan: Each set of two PF-2 elements must be replaced after 3,785 liters (1,000 gallons) or 1 year, whichever comes first. If filtering 10 liters per day, this is about 1 year they will last. Make a note on your calendar when it’s time to replace them.
- PF-2’s thread onto the ends of the Black Berkey elements (work inline), see 2nd photo above.
- Number of PF-2s in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey Purification Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey Purification elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters.
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free.
- PF-2 filter elements reduce your units flow rate by 15-20%.
- For maximum removal efficiency, maintain the water being treated between a PH level above 5 and below 7. Actual capacity is dependent on the level of contamination of arsenic, fluoride and other competing heavy metal ions. Unusually high levels of these contaminants may reduce the capacity and efficiency of these elements.
- Storing your elements after usage: The Berkey PF-2™ elements can be stored in a refrigerator for up to one month. To do this, remove the filters from the system, place them into a sealable sandwich bag or container and place the filters in the refrigerator. If it’s longer than one month they must be discarded. If you do store them in a refrigerator, we recommend re-purging the Berkey PF-2™ post filter elements, for 1 minute each in both directions, before using them again. Do not freeze. The Berkey PF-2™ elements should not be allowed to air dry as this could allow some bacteria growth in the media to occur.