Beyond removing chlorine, Berkey shower filters remove many of the pollutants that can cause skin problems. With the removal of hydrogen sulfide, scale, and iron oxide (rust water), dry skin and damaging effects on hair and scalp dryness are reduced.
Berkey Shower Filter FAQ
How much chlorine is removed by the Berkey Shower Filter™?
At the beginning of the filter’s use, it can convert free chlorine at up to 95%. By the end of the filter’s one-year lifespan, the reduction is reduced to between 50% and 75%. For product specifications, please click here. Order your Berkey Shower Filter today.
Does the Berkey Shower Filter™ remove lead and heavy metals?
The Berkey Shower Filter does not remove lead or heavy metals. It does reduce free chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, scale and iron oxide (rust water) and eliminates dirt and odors. It also effectively reduces damage to hair and skin.
What is the maximum PSI that the Berkey Shower Filter™ can withstand?
60 PSI is the maximum amount of pressure a Berkey Shower Filter can withstand.
What is the maximum water temperature at which the shower filter should be used?
The Berkey Shower Filter’s maximum operating temperature is rated at 120°F. However in order to avoid scalding in the shower, we recommend the temperature not exceed 110°F.
Can the Berkey Shower Filters be used intermittently or do they stop working after drying out?
The Berkey Shower Filter testing is based on continual usage. The process of oxidation occurs once the filter is activated by water and thus will lose its filtering capability over time. If your shower filter has not been used in a few months, we recommend that it be replaced.
What is the size of the thread on the Berkey Shower Filter™ ?
The thread size is a half inch (NPT). This stands for National Pipe Thread.
The Berkey Shower Filter™:
- Reduce free chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, scale, and iron oxide (rust water) and eliminates dirt and odors
- Reduces chemical absorption and vapour inhalation
- Reduces damage to hair and skin
- Effective for both hot and cold water
- Bacteriostatic (self-sterilizing) media, inhibits the growth of bacteria, algae, and fungi
- Back flush attachment included
- Reduces lime, scale, mold, and fungi in showers
- Lasts 75,000 liters (25,000 gallons), or one year whichever comes first
- The thread size is a half inch (NPT). This stands for National Pipe Thread.
Notice of Limitations:
- The shower dechlorinator is designed for potable water systems.
- If adding the filter only, your existing shower head must be an energy saving model with restricted water flow to <9.5 liters per minute. This is necessary for the filter to work properly.
- Do not allow to freeze or use with water over 48 degrees C, (120 F).
- Maximum water pressure should not exceed 100 psi.
- Do not use in high iron content water systems that use chemicals such as polyphosphates.
- The shower dechlorinator is not to be used for drinking purposes.