- NOTE: After listening to our customers feedback we highly recommend purchasing one, two, or three extra sets of Black Berkey Purification Elements and using four, six, or eight together. This makes your unit 2 – 4x faster and more convenient. For example, a full 22.7 liter cycle takes approximately 6 hours with 2 elements. This is reduced to approximately 3 hours with 4 elements.
- Purifies 24.6 L (6.5 G)/hour with 2 Black Berkey Elements (when upper chamber is full). As the water level in the upper chamber declines, the purification rate slows due to less pressure on the elements.
- Purifies 49 L (13 G)/hour with 4 Black Berkey Elements (when upper chamber is full).
- Purifies 73.6 L (19.5 G)/hour with 6 Black Berkey Elements (when upper chamber is full).
- Purifies 98.4 L (26 G)/hour with 8 Black Berkey Elements (when upper chamber is full).
- Height while in use: 76 cms (30″), Diameter: 28 cms (11″).
- Packed height (upper reservoir slides into lower): 51 cms (20″).
- Weight when empty: 5.5 kg (12.1 lbs).
- Food grade, type 304, polished stainless steel.
- Health / Wellness and a Survival tool in one!
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Read and follow ALL included instructions before setting up your unit.
- If the lower chamber is full of water, do not add water to the upper chamber or your unit will overflow where the chambers connect. If the lower unit is half full, you may fill the upper chamber half way.
- If purchasing the PF-2 Fluoride filters, note they operate in-line with the Black elements. So if you are using 4 Black elements, you require 4 PF-2 Fluoride filters. See this page for pictures to understand better.
- PF-2 Fluoride filters last for 3,785 liters (1,000 gallons), as a pair.
- Berkey filters will not purify ocean water and cannot be used with salt-softened water.
- Complete descriptions here: