- NOTE: After listening to our customers feedback we highly recommend purchasing an extra set of Black Berkey Purification Elements for your Royal Berkey Water Filter and using all four together. This makes your unit twice as fast and more convenient. For example, a full 12.3 liter cycle purified takes approximately 5 hours with 2 elements. This is reduced to 2.5 hours with 4 elements.
- Purifies 15 L (4 G)/hour with 2 Black Berkey Elements (when upper chamber is full)
- As the water level in the upper chamber of your Royal Berkey Water Filter declines, the purification rate slows due to less pressure on the elements.
- Purifies 30 L (8 G)/hour with 4 Black Berkey Elements (when upper chamber is full)
- Packed height (upper reservoir slides into lower): 39cms (15.25″)
- Weight when empty: 4.1 kg (9 lbs)
- Food grade, type 304, polished stainless steel
- Health / Wellness and a Survival tool in one!
This system comes with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements which have undergone Independent 3rd Party Laboratory
- IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Read and follow ALL included instructions before setting up your unit.
- If the lower chamber of the Royal Berkey Water Filter is full of water, do not add water to the upper chamber or your unit will overflow where the chambers connect. If the lower unit is half full, you may fill the upper chamber half way.
- If purchasing the PF-2 Fluoride filters, note they operate in-line with the Black elements. So if you are using 4 Black elements, you require 4 PF-2 Fluoride filters. See this page for pictures to understand better.
- PF-2 Fluoride filters last for 3,785 liters (1,000 gallons), as a pair. This is about 1 year for most folks.
- Berkey filters will not purify ocean water and cannot be used with salt-softened water.
- Complete descriptions here: