A reliable approach for unreliable water sources.
- A simple and effective way to disinfect your household’s daily water supply.
- The MadiDrop is a silver-ceramic tablet that releases silver ions into water at a controlled rate. Silver ions are an excellent disinfectant for waterborne pathogens. You place a MadiDrop in a 20-liter water storage container, fill the container up in the evening, and the next morning, the water is safe to drink.
- The all-natural MadiDrop prevents waterborne illness and disease by leveraging the powerful antimicrobial properties of silver – without changing the taste and smell of the water. The MadiDrop is a micro porous, water permeable ceramic tablet infused with microscopic silver clusters.
- 1 MadiDrop works for 6+ months and provides 2,000 liters of safe drinking water through its lifespan. 1 tablet will treat 20 liters of water in 10 hours (overnight). The MadiDrop works the same way, day after day.
How to Use the MadiDrop:
Designate a covered drinking water container with a spigot to limit contamination from hands and other external sources. Use the MadiDrop in a 10-20 liter water storage container and leave it there. Water added daily is continuously treated.
Helps prevent outbreaks of water-related diseases and kills up to 99.9999% of pathogens
The silver ions within the MadiDrop disinfect many different pathogenic waterborne bacteria, including Escherichia coli, Vibrio cholera, Salmonella, and Shigella. Additionally, viruses such as poliovirus and norovirus, as well as the protozoa Cryptosporidium parvum and Giardia lamblia, are susceptible to inactivation by silver.
SMALL AND PORTABLE
Easy to transport in difficult conditions, terrains, and environments
UNLIMITED SHELF LIFE
No expiration date; easy to store and stack until needed
No toxic chemicals; does no harm to people or the planet
Provides a family with 6+ months of safe water at the lowest possible cost
The MadiDrop is a silver-ceramic tablet that releases silver ions into water at a controlled rate. Silver ions are an excellent disinfectant for waterborne pathogens. You place a MadiDrop in a 20-liter water storage container, fill the container up in the evening, and the next morning, the water is safe to drink.
You can just keep filling the container every night for at least six months and the MadiDrop works the same way, day after day.
The MadiDrop empowers the user to control microbial contamination in their drinking water. At household point of use, this product eliminates contamination that may originate from the source, transportation, or storage. The MadiDrop is capable of destroying a wide range of waterborne pathogens and is highly effective against total coliform and E. coli bacteria.
BEST PRACTICE RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Turbidity does not affect the performance of the MadiDrop, but may affect taste. Remove dirt and turbidity using any filtration technique.
- Leaving some unconsumed water in the container will help disinfect the replacement water.
- Clean the drinking water container as needed to remove accumulated sediment. Remove and rinse the MadiDrop and rinse the container.
- Longer exposure time = Better Disinfection. Under circumstances where total bacterial levels are ‘High’ or ‘Too Numerous to Count’, the MadiDrop may require more time (24 – 48 hours in some cases) for total disinfection.
SAFE WATER STORAGE
The MadiDrop provides a reliable barrier against secondary contamination and is an excellent solution for protecting stored water. Storing water in uncontrolled conditions (open or unsealed containers) can result in recontamination, which can undo the efforts of previous treatment and filtration techniques. One (1) MadiDrop placed and left in a water storage container of up to 20 liters will keep the water free of bacteria and other harmful organisms for weeks at a time.
- The MadiDrop does not remove turbidity, inorganic/organic material, arsenic, fluoride, nitrates, lead, sodium/saltwater, or other compounds and pollutants commonly found in water.
- Chlorinated drinking water will not damage the MadiDrop or affect disinfection capabilities, but discoloration may occur.
- The MadiDrop does not dissolve in water. The ceramic is engineered to withstand an aqueous environment.
3RD PARTY VERIFIED
Lab and field tests have been conducted over the past six years by the University of Virginia’s School of Engineering and Applied Science and School of Medicine. Research to develop the MadiDrop was supported by the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the University of Venda in South Africa.
Volume of Water Treated: Up to 20 liters daily
Lifespan: 6+ months
Size: 8x3x1.4 cm (3.1×1.2×0.6 in)
Weight: 52 g
Shelf Life: Perpetual shelf life
Intended Use: Point-of-use water disinfection and safe storage
Country of Origin: United States