- Great for 1-2 people! Families and groups of 2-3 are happy they have ordered the next size up, the Big Berkey Water Purifier.
- Holds 5.7 L (1.5 G) of water.
- Purifies 9.5 L (2.5 G)/hour with 2 Black Berkey Elements (when upper chamber is full).
- As the water level in the upper chamber declines, the purification rate slows due to less pressure on the elements. For example, a full 5.7 liter cycle takes approximately 4 – 5 hours.
- Height while in use: 46 cms (18″), Diameter: 19 cms (7.5″)
- Packed height (upper reservoir slides into lower): 31cms (12″)
- Weight when empty: 2.8 kg (6.2 lbs)
- Food grade, type 304, polished stainless steel.
- Health / Wellness and a Survival tool in one!
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Read and follow ALL included instructions before setting up your unit.
- If the lower chamber is full of water, do not add water to the upper chamber or your unit will overflow where the chambers connect. If the lower unit is half full, you may fill the upper chamber half way.
- If purchasing the PF-2 Fluoride filters, note they operate in-line with the Black elements. See this page for pictures to understand better.
- PF-2 Fluoride filters last for 3,785 liters (1,000 gallons), as a pair. This is about 1 year for most folks.
- Berkey filters will not purify ocean water and cannot be used with salt-softened water.
- Complete descriptions here: